Saturday 13 October 2007

It's a thrill to be nominated!!

So The Rural Juror, that witty little hellion has been at the drink again. For some ungodly reason he has nominated me for a Blogger Star Award. I tip off my hat and bow at his foot. Should he wear rings I would kiss them.
I have actually never been nominated for anything since yearbook (Most Theatrical, Most Demented and Most Likely to be a 10 time Academy Award Looser) so I am all a fluster right now.


This award is for bloggers who shine their light throughout the Blogosphere. Some do it with humor, others with creativity, and others with their kind and thoughtful natures. We all know more than a few of them so why not give them some recognition?

Here’s what to do if you receive this:

* Proudly display it on your blog along with a link to who gave it to you.
* Mention that it originated here at Skittles' Place so I can follow its journey.
* Pass it on to any blogger(s) you think should have it.


Well now I need to nominate five others who I would be lost without in the blogging world. These are people I visit everyday and if they miss a blogging day I have a small panic attack:


The Pathetically Normal, Pop Culture Obsessed Life Of Jose Well first up would have to be this one. Jose muses not only on Madonna, great pop music, movies and TV, but he often laments of the day to day struggle and triumphs of his life in San José, Costa Rica.

The Cellar Door not only boasts a great title, but is currently doing his 100 favourite films. He is currently on no. 67. I am very much looking forward to seeing what is no. 1. OH THE SUSPENCE!!

Strange Culture take a deeper and more thoughtful look at the world of movies and what they mean in the bigger scheme of things. Especially the violence in films…a trend I wish to see end.

If you love music and the discovery of the new you must go to Arjan Writes. From new discoveries to amazing remixes, this will keep your toe tapping and hands desperately typing to find the tracks for download. A big thank you for helping to exceed my iPod capacity Arjan!!

Deep down we are all complete gadget geeks. My favourite blog about new gadgets (with an Apple bias) is Between the Tweens. Everything from new software and gadgets are talked about as well as anything visually arresting that is created by new technology. For the geek in us all.

Hope you all win.............

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

*Gasps*
I'm thrilled to be nominated for something!
Does this mean I have to start campaigning?
Anyone know what Harvey Weinstein's up to lately?