Thursday 11 January 2007

MAFFE 2006

BEST PICTURE

The award goes to "Pan's Labyrinth"





BEST DIRECTOR

The Award goes to Guillermo del Torro






BEST ACTRESS

The Award goes to Meryl Streep - The Devil Wears Prada





I struggled to include Shareeka Epps for Half Nelson and Helen Mirren for The Queen, but whom do I leave off??? Difficult choices all the way around.

BEST ACTOR

The Award goes to Hugh Jackman - The Fountain





I struggled to include Sasha Baron Cohen – Borat , Clive Owen – The Children of Men and Ryan Gosling - Half Nelson , but could not upset the top 5.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

The Award goes to Maribel Verdu - Pan's Labyrinth





Leaving off Adrianna Barraza - Babel, Sook-Yin Lee - Shortbus, Carrie-Ann Moss - Snowcake and Vanessa Redgrave - Venus was extremely difficult. I have no idea what I will do with the lead performances. I hate leaving people off, but at least I have let you all know I was thinking of them

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

The Award goes to Michael Caine - The Children of Men





Well I like to keep five nominees and sometimes it is very difficult as if there is a shift in my mood then I may like to place in either Eddie Murphy - Dreamgirls or Mark Wahlberg - The Deprated or Alan Arkin - Litttle Miss Sunshine and take out one of the above. However the hardest to leave off the list was Steve Carrell - Litttle Miss Sunshine. As of now I am happy with this line up, but I did feel Wahlberg, Arkin and Murphy were both very deserving of their nominations.

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

The Award goes to Pedro Almodavar - Volver


BEST APADPTED SCREENPLAY

The Award goes to Alfonso Cuaron - The Children of Men

No comments: