Thursday 1 February 2007

Panty Slang

Women get the raw deal when it comes to words. Bachelor sounds almost noble. Spinster sounds like a creature from a horror film. Fag sounds happy and light (except when used in a derogatory way). Dyke just sounds like it hurts. Where the ladies have us beat in the names for their core - the vagina.
So I am going to celebrate that various funny, cute, and highly imaginative names that are given to the centre of feminism.
The lovely woman I work with, Novelette, has entertained me for hours with the slang from her home of Jamaica. Especially this new term of panty slang:

word: poom poom

eg: Me botty man, me nwa like de poom poom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can I insert my 'ha ha', 'dirty hedgehog', 'slit' and 'gash'??!!

feenixboi said...

you have stooped to new lows (excuse the pun) and I LOVE IT

Anonymous said...

Poom poom, poonie, poonanie... and then there are the names from childhood - molly, suzie, ninkey-dink, button, bow-bow, noo-noo...