Sunday 25 November 2007

Aren’t Oscars full of sh*t.

The results are here from my latest poll.

I asked who you felt deserved the Best Actress Oscar back in 1989.

The results were shocking!! I had no idea that the eventual winners performance/character was so loved, I fully expected her to get my lone vote and be at the bottom of the heap.

This goes to show just how time can change the minds of many.

Here are the results:

5) With 4% of the votes we have Isabelle Adjani – “Camille Claudel”
Tied with
5) With 4% of the votes we have Jessica Lange – “Music Box”

3) With 7% of the votes we have Jessica Tandy – “Driving Miss Daisy” (The eventual winner)

2) With 18% of the votes we have the lovely Michelle Pfeiffer – “The Fabulous Baker Boys”

1) With a whopping 66% we have Pauline Collins – “Shirley Valentine”
Now I was fully expecting the Pfeiffer to run away with this. I honestly thought she would win by a land slide. Perhaps the reason she came in second was due to the fact that many of my British friends voted. Or maybe people went with the character they loved the best.
Or more likely, I am convinced my friends Dean and Lee logged on to 50 different computers to vote though.
Anyway Congratulations Pauline! You deserved it!

For my next poll we will be looking ahead in the Best Supporting Actress category, 1989.
The women you have to choose from are:


Brenda Fricker – “My Left Foot”
Anjelica Huston – “Enemies, a Love Story”
Lena Olin - “Enemies, a Love Story”
Julia Roberts – “Steel Magnolias”
Dianne Wiest – “Parenthood”

Poll is in the side bar to the right, near the top. VOTE!!!!

No comments: