Sunday 24 February 2008

My Final (eeek!!) Predictions

Best Picture
"No Country for Old Men"

Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"

Actress
Marion Cotillard, "La Vie en Rose"

Supporting Actor
Javier Bardem, "No Country for Old Men"

Supporting Actress
Ruby Dee, "American Gangster"
(I am sticking with my 'an American' has to win one of the acting awards!)

Director
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"

Foreign Film
"The Counterfeiters," Austria

Adapted Screenplay
Ronald Harwood, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly"

Original Screenplay
Diablo Cody, "Juno"

Animated Feature Film
"Ratatouille"

Art Direction
"Atonement"
(again fully expecting a "There Will Be Blood" win too...just think Atonement is easier for the Academy to get)

Cinematography
"The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"
(although fully expecting a "Diving Bell" upset here...it was just so damned inventive"

Sound Mixing
"Transformers"

Sound Editing
"The Bourne Ultimatum"

Original Score
"Atonement," Dario Marianelli

Original Song
"Falling Slowly" from "Once," Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova

Costume
"La Vie en Rose"

Documentary Feature
"No End in Sight"

Documentary (short subject)
"Sari's Mother"

Film Editing
"The Bourne Ultimatum"

Makeup
"La Vie en Rose"

Animated Short Film
"I Met the Walrus"

Live Action Short Film
"The Tonto Woman"

Visual Effects
"Transformers"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the most part, our predix are similar!

I feel bad because I am totally ignoring Juno - except for O.Screenplay, but other than that I am confident in my preidx. Thanks for the visit - I don't visit your blog nearly enough, sorry about that.

Enjoy the Show!

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I'm still rooting for Blanchett and Christie.
But whatever will be, will be.
Have a fantastic night!