Monday 24 March 2008

Music Monday - Santogold

Wow! She is just mecca.

I cannot wait for this album to drop.

She was the only black kid in a private school, and when she became part of a clique called the 'fearsome 5', the school called her mum to complain about her bulling and her mum replied "I don't give a fuck! She's the only black girl — I'm glad she fits in."

Can you love someone just from a story?

If not for the story how about the music. She mixes electronic beats with punk guitars and New Wave synths with her own sassy vocal delivery. Think M.I.A. meets Tegan and Sarah.

Check her out on her my space page.

Check out the official video below for 'L.E.S. Artistes'.



What I'm searching for, to tell it straight, I'm tryin to build a wall
Walking by myself down avenues that reek of time to kill
If you see me keep going be a pass by waver
Build me up, bring me down just leave me out you name dropper
Stop tryin to catch my eye I see you good you forced faker
Just make it easy. You're my enemy you fast talker

Chorus:
I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up
If I could stand up mean for all the things that I believe

What am I here for I left my home to disappear is all
I'm here for myself
Not to know you I don't need no one else
Fit in so good the hope is that you cannot see me later
You don't know me I am an introvert an excavator
I'm duckin' out for now a face in dodgy elevators
Creep up and suddenly I found myself an innovator

Chorus

Change, change, change,
I want to get up out of my skin
tell you what
if I can shake it
I'm 'a make this
something worth dreaming of

No comments: