Friday 2 May 2008

Should she sing?

By now you all know that "The Hours" scribe will be working on the Dusty springfield biopic to star Nicole Kidman.
I think she is a perfect choice, however I am very curious as to which direction this will take. Nicole could not play Dusty in her 20's so I am guessing it will be about her later career...will it go to the messy depths though.

I am also curious about Universals upcoming film about the same lady starring Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth (according to Variety (she is so cute is "Pushing Daisies" and I can totally see her doing early Dusty)

I am thinking with a little weight gain Nicole would be fantastic in this. I know some people will be wanting Nicole to sing in this, but her voice is just not strong enough, or rich enough to carry off Dusty. Is it really any less of a performance if the actor does not sing as who they are portraying? Some nay sayers say yes. I say Angela Bassett.

Snap

Here are two of Dusty's signature songs. Can't you just see Nicole already!!??



On another note...While looking for Dusty clips I came across this one of that show in the UK "Starz in Their Eyes", you know where everyday people dress up and perform as their favorite singer. They must have had a celebrity version and low and behold topless 80's icon and 'singer' Samantha Fox was on it as Dusty, and you know...she wasn't horrible live - who knew she sing live? (well I do as I saw her live once...no judgement). Sure she waivers and her voice is thin, but much better than expected right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I think Kidman would be amazing in the role....wow, I am already salivating!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! S'Manfa Fox....oh how funny was that. that wig and those tits. Didn't really balance 'em out eh?

As for Nicole. If she can pull off the singing (ie training galore) then go for it, but if not she should lip synch....if she does that just please do not put her in the Musical/Comedy category at the Golden Globes...that annoys me.