Thursday 18 September 2008

"My One and Only" Trailer

I only like to post good movie trailers on here, or trailers with possible awards merit....but I saw this, the latest offering from lemon face and I just had to post it, because it kind of made me sad. The woman is not a vamp. She does not look like a vamp, and unless Angelous has bitten her the closest thing to a vamp she will ever be is along side Nicole Kidman's 'Satine' as an Oscar nominee. Nor do I think of her as glamorous, and in the type of glamor and stature she is trying to depict here....it seems just so out of place.
Lets face it, there are some actresses who are more limited than others in the roles they can play. So they play to their strengths.
Sure she can do period (ish) but usually succeeds when she plays dowdy. To Quote Peter Griffin from Family Guy "Sexy leading lady no...cute best friend maybe".


No comments: