Thursday 25 September 2008

The 'Notorious' 'W'

Well as far as bio pics go, this is certainly the year from them. I mean there is enough fodder here to keep the bip pic happy Academy joyous for years!

This is the first time I have chatted about 'W'. There was so much negative press about this film, as early as the script phase that it almost seemed to have been killed dead right then and there. Reports that the dialogue was unbelievable made me chuckle. Have they never heard the President of the United States speak? You just can't make up that sh*t.
I am not thinking this is going to be a huge awards magnet, simply because in recent year Oliver Stone has lost his sparkle. This probably won’t be a bow at his foot career comeback, but I am sure it is going to be entertaining none the less.




As for the ‘Notorious’ trailer. Well all I need to hear are the words Angela Bassett in a Bio Pic and I am excited.

1 comment:

Poli said...

I'm kinda iffy about a Bush biopic. But it will be nice to see Angela Bassett in a (hopegully) big movie.