Friday 12 September 2008

The Streets - The Escapist

I have long been a fan of The Streets. Not only is the man immensely talented, but he really knows how to craft a track that grows with each each listen.

If you are not familiar with him yet, please change that. Has a fantastic back catalogue, and for a white boy doing rap, he does what his more popular American counterparts do not, he crafts intelligent and thought provoking albums that have more to say than talk about bitches ho's and guns.

I am writing this before I go on vacation, yet I know I will have this on my iPod the entire time...can imagine listening to this whilst on the beach. However I will be getting ready to fly back by the time you read this, so please picture me listening to this, with my amazingly beautiful boy friend by my side sprawled out on a beach towel with waves lapping at my feet.

No comments: