Wednesday 20 December 2006

I LOVE Jennifer Hudson!!!!!

What did I tell you y'all. I love this girl, and without even seeing the movie I hope she wins every award possible. Loved her from day one on American Idol to today. I even made a "Robbed" T-shirt with her picture on after she was voted off and wore it proudly. What I liked about her is the fact that she understood music history and she was so humbled by herself. I remember watching as she performed "Imagine" by John Lennon on American Idol. After finishing she broke down crying, and when asked why by the judges, she replied something like "It was my dream to perform on national television, and now I have." Ahhhhhhhhh bless.

Taken from her website:

"In a recent interview, I was asked how I reconciled being a Christian with performing at events for my gay fans. I find it upsetting that some folks equate being a Christian with being intolerant of gay people. That may, unfortunately, be true for some, but it is not true for me. I have talked often of my love and support of the gay community. I have said again and again that it was the gay community that supported me long before and long after AMERICAN IDOL, and kept me working and motivated. It is the gay community that celebrated my voice and my size and my personality long before DREAMGIRLS. Yes, I was raised Baptist. Yes, I was taught that the Bible has certain views on homosexuality. The Bible also teaches us not to judge. It teaches us to love one another as God loves us all. I love my sister, my two best friends and my director dearly. They happen to be gay. So what? While some search for controversy, I hope that my friends and fans who know me, know where I stand."
-Jhud

No comments: