Tuesday 12 December 2006

I LOVE Kate Winslet!!!

I love Kate Winslet, my best friend Robyn LOVES Kate Winslet, and it looks like Kate may get yet another nomination this year for her acclaimed work in Little Children. This has gotten me thinking about the eventual Helen Mirren steam roller of awards. If, by some divine intervention of the Gods, Kate winds up with a 5th Oscar nomination, could she win? Yes Dame Helen is a formidible opponent, but Kate has worked with so many of the Academy members that I find it hard to think that they will let her go home a loser for a 5th time. So think about this, Dame Helen Mirren as the Queen in the lead, Dame Judi Dench as an obsessed school teacher closing in, all is needed is a slip up near the finish line for dark horse and overdue Kate to take the Gold.
Oh Kate....you are great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shoutout!!!