Thursday 19 July 2007

I know times are bad but??

Leila K was discovered by the musical duo Rob'n'Raz when singing in a music contest. Together with Rob'n'Raz she had her first hit in 1989 with the song "Got To Get"
During the first years of her career she had many chart-topping hits and her music was played all over Europe. She broke up with Rob'n'Raz and went on her own to Ibiza, where she was treated like a superstar and managed to set up concerts on her own.
Her solo career started in 1991 with the single "Time" which she followed up with many other popular singles, such as her biggest hit "Open Sesame" and a cover version of Plastic Bertrand's "Ça plane pour moi". In 1993 she was the best selling female artist in Europe. Now I discover while browsing the net that Leila K is homeless!!!

I am stunned. I loved her music, and every time I hear those opening bars of ‘Got to Get’ I get all gooey. But according my sources the lady is homeless now.
Come back Leila!!

Here are my two favs

Open Sesame


Got to Get


Enjoy!!

No comments: