Sunday 21 October 2007

I am a Bender fan!!! (I also like "Futurama")

I am very excited…but wary…my tear ducts can not take any more.

At Comic-Con 2007 it was announced that Futurama will return on November 27th as a full-length DVD release called Futurama: Bender's Big Score, which will be followed by three additional films: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Bender's Game, and The Wild Green Yonder. After their release, each film will be divided into four episodes and air on Comedy Central.

Benders Big Score is set at Xmas (as Christmas has officially been abbreviated to in the future) 3007 and Professor Farnsworth and the rest of the Planet Express crew must battle nudist alien internet scammers who wish to take over Earth. Having discovered the secret to time traveller tattooed on Fry's arse, they reprogram Bender and sent him back in time to steal Earth's treasures.


Although I never loved it as much as I did “The Simpsons” it has been the only animated series that has bought me to tears (well Garfield’s 9 Lives had a segment “Diana’s Piano” that made me weep – see below).
The two episodes in question are “The Luck of the Fryrish” and “Jurassic Bark” (the latter is a weep-a-thon…..I am tearing up thinking about it. MUST STOP THINKING ABOUT IT).
I have to say that if you do not cry when you hear the song "I Will Wait For You" from The Umbrellas of Cherbourg as sung by Connie Francis, you HAVE NO HEART!!!!

3 comments:

J.D. said...

STOP MAKING ME THINK ABOUT IT!!!! [weeps] WHY!?!?!??!?! [bawls]

feenixboi said...

boooooo :(

Anonymous said...

That video made me SOB like a bitch. Who knew Garfield was so touching.