Saturday 22 December 2007

My state in this race.

So my feelings on the race so far are this.

I need to see more movies!!!! Still not seen “Into the Wild”, “There Will Be Blood”, “No Country For Old Men”, “The Assassination of Jessie James”, “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly”, “Juno”, “I’m Not There”, and well basically everything getting all the buzz.

I was so excited about the Oscar race, but when the precursors started getting announced I began to get very very bored. It has just been a No Country for Old Men, Daniel Day Lewis, Julie Christie, Amy Ryan and Javier Barden orgy and that makes for a very very boring race.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And then SAG comes along and pisses me off.

Perhaps next year I will just mainly concentrate of film and performances and not get so caught up in the prediction thing…..I mean nothing is set in stone, there are no rules and every year I am disappointed, I am already disappointed and it hasn’t even begun.

Guess I will just have to enjoy the Christmas season with good friends and lots-a-food-and-wine and not worry so much that “Atonement” is slipping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Juno is so great, but other than that, I also havn't seen all those films you have listed - what kind of film bloggers are we? Lol:)
Hope u had a good christmas!