Saturday 22 December 2007

‘Tis the season

Well it is that time of year again and I am going to celebrate my favourite holiday by putting some of my most recent favourite tunes on my box!
These get me in the Christmas spirit so much that I sometimes even just around my tiny flat in glee screaming “IT’S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!” (the bf can attest to this)

Here are my selections:

1) No a huge fan of either of these two artists, but the combination of Sarah Maclachlin and the Bare Naked Ladies doing “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” is magic.

2) Just the ULTIMATE Christmas song. Just honestly the best. Boney M – “Mary’s Boy Child/Oh My Lord”

3) Yes Eartha Kitt’s version if timeless and sexier, but there is just something so cute about Madonna’s cover of Santa Baby. It always gets played as I decorate my tree.

4) Nothing makes me laugh more than this version of “The Twelve Days of Christmas”. Not only does Miss Piggy get the best day, but the ninth day has had me and my friends wetting ourselves all season. Enjoy John Denver and the Muppets.



And he is a beautiful and talented Vanessa Williams with “What Child is This?” and it is not Christmas without Nat King Cole warming the cockles of your heart with a voice like treacle. This is my personal favourite of all his Crimbo songs – “Oh Holy Night”
as a bonus:

No comments: