Sunday 6 April 2008

MAFFE Awards 2008!!


I know, I know, there are a long time in coming, but I was holding out for a hero (ie Mr Motivation to come my way)

This year I am not going to follow the Academy's lead. I am not going whittle it all down to 5 nominees then announce a winner because that is never really fair. I find what I liked today I will love tomorrow, so in keeping with this I am not going to announce a single winner nor will I have 5 nominee's. Six is my lucky number, and I am going to celebrate six performances/screenplays/technical achievements/artistic achievements that I loved in 2007, and those are the winners.

This is entirely my opinion so don't have a cow man.
I will also not have categories such as Foreign Film or Animated Film. I am not the Academy and therefore do not segregate. All films are welcome (expect for Documentaries, which I am sad to say I saw hardly any last year!)

Also I have not yet had the honor of seeing the following films

"Lust/Caution"
"The Bourne Ultimatum"
"Pirates of the Caribbean: Will This Never End"
"Lars and the Real Girl"

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Lucky you that you weren't dragged to the theater to see Pirates 3
(Damn need for social bonding!).
Try to check out "Lust, Caution" ASAP, I really disliked "Brokeback Mountain", but after this I made peace again with Ang Lee.

Michael Parsons said...

You....disliked......Brokeback...............I am all fro freedom of speech and all, but this is going too far!!

:)

Will check out L/C ASAP! Looking forward to it really.