Thursday 9 October 2008

I am back (ish) !

Hello y’all. Sorry for the lack of postings. I have taken some time off to try and decide if I am going to keep on blogging.

I am sad to announce that I am.

Writing a blog is a difficult thing to do, especially since it seems everyone has one. How do you make yours a unique voice? How do you stop repetition? How often do you need to post to keep up interest?

Well all these are questions I have been milling over in me head. Lately I have suffered from lazy posting syndrome. Just chucking up movie posters and trailers with little dialogue, so my new focus is basically to get my voice across. I have my strong opinions, so why not voice them more often. I have an overly critical eye, so let me share it, even if it against the grain.

Also I have been struggling with the whole movies love versus music love. Should I concentrate on one and not the other? Well no. I will continue to talk about both as this past summer the films out were not my cup of tea (I have seen nothing!!!) but the music being released excited me to no end. So expect a lot more of me talking/sharing the music I love.

Tis my Birthday today, so I will be celebrating over the next few days (when you get as old as me you need to string it out a little) but will resume normal posting soon thereafter!

To my glorious readers: Thanks for sticking with me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we wouldn�t want it any other way! Yay.

p.s. I hope you have a amazing birthday!

Michael Parsons said...

Thanks Nick!!!

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

This is what I like to call an "old fashioned birthday existential crisis".
Even the best of us get them...
And yeah I know it's hard to blog, and it's hard to choose what you wanna concentrate on (I had to pick between my private life and movies, cinema won of course, life gets a shrink of its own)but the thing you have to ask is do you like doing it?
Do you enjoy writing? When in doubt do as I do and take the egocentric approach; I love writing and putting my words out there. If someone gets to read them good, if they agree hooray, if they don't even better! I'm here to discuss, to connect with people from all over the world and when it comes to readers I know I'd rather have one of you (to actually hold a conversation) than a million of one time passerbys.

Michael Parsons said...

I actually think the time thing is the biggest obstacle to get over. But I will fit it in, even if I have to take one evening a week and write 7 posts for future allottment.

Thanks for reading!