Tuesday 16 December 2008

She's so Unusual


Cyndi Lauper is a treasure.

When she came out with her latest album 'Bring Ya To The Brink' some people got excited and proclaimed it her big comeback. It didn't happen, mainly because why would radio play Cyndi Lauper, even Madonna struggles getting airplay.

This is a shame because this album is everything 'Hard Candy' should have been. The track 'Lay Me Down' is one of the best club tracks I have heard in ages and it is such a shame this album has not warrented huge club play, because it could keep me dancing forever.



An empty street, a quiet smile
Without steady feet
You know the reckless kind
Keep coming, coming back
To the same old place
With that wild eyed stare
Up in your face

Lay me down, let me down
In a big old town
Lay me down, let me down
In a big old town

He must have lost his soul
When he found the rent
He wrestles with control
Still hasn't pinned it yet
Once in, once in a while
Loose that cigarette
There's always some strange smile
Underneath his breath

Lay me down, let me down...

... passion's fist against a wall
The crush of a kiss, the rise and fall
Take me there, take me there
To that wounded sound
It's just love's despair
Gone and hit the ground

Lay me down,, let me down
In a big old town... in a big old town...

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

The song is amazing, but I think people didn't care for it because it has the same Kleerup sound of Robyn's "With Every Heartbeat", which is a shame, because both songs are wonderful in their own right.
Speaking of which, did you ever check out Kleerup's album?
Oh and that reminds me that for once the Grammys mustered up a great lineup for their Best Dance Album category.
It's like Kylie/Cyndi/Robyn *screams* who to vote for?

Michael Parsons said...

My vote would go to Robyn.... without a doubt