Wednesday 3 December 2008

A Sneaky Feeling

I really think this awards season we are going to be seeing the name Melissa Leo called for numerous Best Actress prizes.

I did my NBR predictions and now think I am way way off. I think Melissa Leo could well take the Best Actress prize, as the NBR do like to award women in indies. So you can take this post as me changing my prediction (they haven't been announced yet, so it is fair!)

I actually think I need to rethink my Oscar predicts too. I am thinking we are going to be looking at a Leo, Streep, Winslet situation with Hawkins, Blanchett, Jolie, Hathaway and Scott - Thomas duking it out for 4th and 5th.

Am I way off do you think?

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I'm crossing my fingers so that Scott Thomas makes her way into the final five. Hathaway was a bit too subdued for the Academy's taste, I'm thinking they're gonna wait til she plays a transvestite/single mom hooker before they nominate her, even if she was brilliant in her film. I've yet to see Leo.