Monday 26 February 2007

The good and the bad

This years Oscars.

The Good.

I for one really enjoyed Ellen DeGeneres. Sure she was safe, but it seemed to take a lot of the stuffiness out of the ceremony.

Pan’s Labyrinth winning the first 2 awards. This made me very excited.

Al Gore getting such an amazing reception – if only…………

Alan Arkin winning. Although he read his speech from a giant piece of A4, I was happy. It got me hoping for a lot more upsets.

Jennifer Hudson – Thank God she took off her space jackets. She looked a little bit like an extra from Dr. Who. And boy can she sang!!

Ennio Morricone has an Oscar!

Happy Feet won! Yippeeee!!

Martin Scorsese has an Oscar……a competitive one at that!

Meryl streep walks away with the funniest moment and didn’t even say a word!

The Bad

The short little acting clips!! What was up with that??? I like a good 10 to 20 second clip, not this 1 to 2 second one. The clips are my favourite part. Bring back the longer clips next year!!!

The rushing of the winners off the stage. Let Jennifer Hudson speak!!!! You let Ennio Morricone speak for a week, but Jennifer barely blurted out a tearful thank you before you played her off.

Don’t get presenters who have something to do with the nominated movies. I felt awful for Emily Blunt and Anne Hathaway for having to present Best Costumes, only to read out Marie Antoinette. You know they were disappointed and it showed.

What was with the looky likeys dressed up as the movies characters for the Costume Design nominees. That was terrible. Made the costumes look like they were in a bad school play.

Pan’s Labyrinth lost Best Foreign Picture – Boo!!!!

Will Farrell and Jack Black’s song….did not work for me. It felt too long. I think they may actually still be singing it.

Did I really need to see Celine Dion?

Helen Mirrens “Ladies and Gentlemen The Queen” moment I thought was bad, but it didn’t prepare me for te awful Forest Whitaker…….insert fingers in ears “la la la la la la la la la la la la”

Poor poor Peter O’Toole. You know he wanted it, could they not have given it to him? Also did you notice Kate looked a little sad too?

No comments: