Wednesday 11 April 2007

Away From Her

Sarah Polley has always been one of the actresses I really admire, simply for the fact that she underplays everything. She has never been about showboating, or going over board, and instead takes a very quiet and deliberate tone with each role she has played. It is as though she doesn't want to busy her movies with 'performance' and allow simplicity to tell the story. In saying that I do realise that some find her very boring, but I for one am looking forward to this new film 'Away From Her' that is the actresses first feature length film as director.
It stars Julie Christie (I smell Oscar nod), Gordon Pinsent and Olympia Dukakis, and judging by the trailer, it look like it has the power to slowly break your heart....sniff

5 comments:

tim r said...

Hey man. Great to discover another London film blogger. Speaking o' which, I really ought to get posting again...

Drop me a line if you wanna come to any press screenings. They're free, you know!

Michael Parsons said...

Oh I definately will. I will be checking out your blog right now!

tim r said...

No change since you last visited it in Feb I'm afraid... but I'm sure I'll be back up and running soon.

You seen Inland Empire yet?

DL said...

I met Sarah Polley at a local film festival in Sudbury, but didn't get to see Away From Her. Which was a bummer. :( And I'm in agreement that she's an amazing actress, esp. in The Sweet Hereafter. Have you seen that yet?

Michael Parsons said...

I need to see Inland Empire. Money is tight so waiting for all of these movies to come out on DVD and rent them. I actually like watching a movie in my own home away from distractions of other people (I hate people sometimes).

Sarah Polley is great, I loved here in The Sweet Hereafter and My Life Without Me.