Sunday 1 April 2007

Movie Trailers and Movie News. Oh My!!!

For those of you not as cinematically informed as you would like to be, here are a whole bunch of links to articles and clips of the happenings of the movie making world. Some of it is old, some new, and some disturbing. But all of it made apparently for our entertainment!

First off Trailers.

Those of you who are excited to see the Greengrass/Damon reteaming, check out the trailer for The Bourne Ultimatum. For shame I know, but I have yet to see any of these movies.

Pixar come back with Ratatouille. Expect Shrek the Third to have a run for it’s money come Oscar time.

Curious what Little Miss sunshine’s Abigail Breslin is doing next? Check out the trailer for No Reservations.

Loved the book for Stardust but I have to say the movie is looking like it may be plop.

I am getting very interested about this. Check out a very very rough behind the scenes of The Golden Compass.

Festival favourite Eagle vs Shark.

The Savages sees Tamara Jenkins (‘Slums of Beverly Hills’) directing Laura Linney and Phillip Seymour Hoffman in this Sundance favourite.

Waitress Keri Russell plays a woman trapped in a life in which she dreams of escape. Word of mouth is strong, especially for Russell’s performance.

Michelle Williams and Paul Giamatti team up for The Hawk is Dying

Sarah Polley directs Gordon Pinsent as the husband and Julie Christie as the wife suffering from Alzheimers in Away From Her

Across The Universe just makes me moist with anticipation.

The Nanny Diaries ho hum……I will have to wait and see.

I loved ‘Eve’s Bayou so much, that I am very excited to see director Kasi Lemmons back, this time directing the ever reliable Don Cheadle and Chiwetel Ejiofor in Talk To Me. This looks like it could be a crowd pleaser!

Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman break your heart and make you smile in Snowcake If you checked out my MAFFE awards you know what I think about this. I hope it does do well.

News
So much news out there, but actually I am just not really wanting to report on alot of the stuff. Also Hollywood Reporter has a lovely script sales page that I would love to have a read of, but you have to subscribe. Bastards. Plus I really do not want to report on alot of it because, well, it is rather sad (as in pathetic not boo hoo)


Another X-Files movie? Because the first one was so brilliant??

Why oh why….are there no original screenplays or adaptations out there. WHY would they remake Straw Dogs??!!!!

Wahlberg and Shyamalan ? Looks like it will happen. Lets just hope the Director can direct his way out of the sloppy messes he has been putting out lately.

I am expecting huge things from Aishwarya Rai. Especially since she is going to be co-starring with our Meryl in ‘Chaos’.

Ole Skanky is back doing some wheeling and dealing for that 3rd Oscar.

Fiddy gets a movie! New Line adapting video game Gears of War! Jennifer Connelly, Crispin Glover, Martin Landau, Christopher Plummer, John C. Reilly, and Elijah Wood will provide voices for characters in Focus Features' animated sci-fi feature 9. Emily Blunt to star in The Young Victoria. The Green Hornet comes to life as does Speed Racer. And everyones favourite gay little munchkin get top story and a stunning picture over at Entertainment Weekly!!!

Back to enjoying my Sunday with a lovely greasy FRY UP!!!

No comments: