Thursday 5 April 2007

Life is a Cabaret

With the disturbing news that Renee Zell...(I can't even finish typing it) was being considered for the remake of Cabaret, I reached for nearest pillow and screamed myself silent.
For starters EWW! YUCK!!, secondly why remake it in the first place? I mean it stll holds up today, and Liza is still as dazzling as she was back then, so why even think about it?

But then I thought about what Nat over at the Film Experience and I could not agree more.

Toni Collette as Sally Bowels. How could it go wrong?

The the rest of the cast....well John Cameron Mitchell as the Master of Ceremonies (how delicious would he be!). Eric Bana as Brian Roberts (because he is sexy, but can to that naive thing with his eyes) and Clive Owen as Maximilian von Heune (Who would not want to see him and Eric kiss on screen!!!)
PLEASE STUDIO'S MAKE IT LIKE THIS!!!!

3 comments:

Poli said...

Can Eric and Clive sing? Because if they can, than I like this casting.

If Renee Zellweger dares try to touch the amazing performance of Liza Minelli, I'm afraid I will have to become an alcoholic, as it will be the only thing to save me from the pain of her 'singing'

Michael Parsons said...

I don't think the Max and Brian ever sing in this. I thought all the songs were sung by the MC and Sally.

I do need to watch it again. I just cannot believe they would even consider lemon face for the role.

feenixboi said...

ugh the thought of lemon face doing this makes me want to barffffff