Monday 28 May 2007

Box - Love my box

Well it is another bank holiday weekend here in the UK, so yay!! However it has not stopped bloody raining and I was so looking forward to a weekend of sun and lazing about glorious Clapham Common, but no it seems mother nature has other plans. She wants to water her beloved flora and who am I to argue. I shall accept it and celebrate the rain with a selection of songs that are in my box to the right.

Umbrella ft. Jay-Z - Rihanna This was played constantly in NYC while I was there this past week and it has buried itself into my brain with it’s addictive hook. Also as the BF and I wandered home from Kazbar in the rain, we really did wish we had an umbrella. Rihanna your song works on so many levels. Jokes aside, it has an impressive feat here in the UK. "Umbrella" became the first song by a female artist to debut at number one on The Official UK Singles Chart solely on download sales, and only the second single overall to debut at that postion without a physical release (after "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley). Well done honey.

London Rain - Heather Nova I mean…how appropriate is this song. A fellow Bermudian and an amazing songwriter and vocalist. You may be familiar with her music if you watched ‘Dawson;s Creek’ or ‘Felicity’ as it was always featured. She has never had HUGE success in the charts, but perhaps it is for the best. There are some artists that you like to discover yourself and keep secret. There is nothing worse than radio ruining and over playing songs you loved (like they have done over here with poor ole Mika). Keep it up Heather, and I look forward to your next release. ”And where l'm home, curled in your arms, and I'm safe again. I'll close my eyes and sleep to the sound of London Rain”

Here Comes The Rain Again - Eurythmics A beautiful, simple, hypnotic song. Nothing can beat its melancholy lyrics that fittingly draw a comparison between the painful and tragic feelings of unrequited love with falling rain. Bless you Annie and your heartbreaking voice. This was always one of my favourite Eurythmics songs. When this group was on, boy were they ever on. ”Here comes the rain again, Raining in my head like a tragedy, Tearing me apart like a new emotion”

No comments: