Saturday 2 June 2007

I am EXCITED about HAIRSPRAY


I have read various blogs posts about how horrible they expect this movie to be, and I have heard the rumours that they had to change the keys for all of Queen Latifah's songs because she couldn't sing them as they were on Broadway, but I do not care in the least!

This is what I want from a musical, and I can see from the trailer that Hairspray seems to have it.

Foot tapping songs? - CHECK!
Period costume? - CHECK!
Camp factor? - CHECK!
Energy (lacking from Dreamgirls) - CHECK!
Underlying serious message - CHECK!
And the most important thing
Group dancing with fun choreography? - CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!

All the elements are here, so unless Adam Shankman is a horrible director (please do not let it be so) then I think this will be alot of fun. I mean the man did choreograph the amazing Buffy episode "Once More With Feeling" so how bad can the man be....I mean that is coolness factor right there.
THEY GOT THE MUSTARD OUT!

So anywhoo....this looks fun and I am going to jump on the small band wagon and say GET ME THERE!!


2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Even though Travolta's makeup creeps me out a bit, I think this looks fabulous as well. The mere thought of Michelle Pfeiffer playing a singing villain makes me sigh with delight.

Michael Parsons said...

It has been far too long since our lovely Michelle graced our screens!