Tuesday 26 June 2007

"I am the original Material Girl"

Well my good friend was lucky enough to attend a performance by the wonderful Earth Kitt at Carnegie Hall, New York City.
In January the woman turned 80, and judging by his review it was a night to remember.
I thought I would honour one the sexiest, funniest, underappreciated, bravest and most entertaining women in the entertainment industry.

Did you know she was virtually exiled from the United States after making anti-war statements during a White House luncheon in 1968? She said "I am a mother and I know the feeling of having a baby come out of my gut. I have a baby and then you send him off to war. No wonder the kids rebel and take pot."

Here are some of her videos I stumbled upon on good ole You Tube.

I am pretty sure my Dad will get a kick out of these too, he always thought she was sexy.


1 comment:

jnova said...

thanks for the shout-out! she really was too good for words. i can only hope i'm that alive at 80 - hell - i just hope to be alive when i'm 80!