Tuesday 3 July 2007

Box - Love my box

Kate Nash has been called a Lily Allen rehash, but I like her so much better. Where Lily sounded dull and boring, like a drunk singing high pitched in church, Kate has some verve behind her voice. Able to sell a song with humor and zest, and the song writing is much stronger. Singing is about telling a story, so vocal performance is important to me regardless of the quality of the voice. Here is "Foundations". ”You'll go along with it then drop it and humiliate me in front of our friends. Then I'll use that voice that you find annoyin' and say something like "yeah, intelligent input, darlin', why don't you just have another beer then?"”

From her fourth studio album ”Big”, Macy Gray returns to form. Gone are the sleek studio productions, and back to a more bluesy, soul juke joint feel. And Macy's signature voice is still there and still as intoxicating as always. This is the lead off single featuring Nathalie Cole called Finally Made Me Happy. ”Walking through my door bringing jewelry and stacks. You tell me you'll give it all to me if I take you back.
But I'm in my bedroom baby moaning oooooooooooohhh baby.
That's my new lover under my covers hollering UH UH UH”


Amy Winehouse – In My Bed This is a track taken from her first album ”Frank”. Now that she has become HUGE, I wanted to take a look back at what she was doing before we all started chanting “No, No, No” like we were hip. This is like Jill Scott meets Portishead, proving that Amy is suited to all ranges of music. Very trip hop, and very very sexy. ”oh, its you again listen this isnt a reunion, so sorry if i turn my head. Yours is a familliar face, but that dont make your place safe in my bed my bed my bed”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't agree on the kate nash/lily allen debate. I started off LOATHING lily but as time has progressed, my love for lily has grown. I downloaded her album and i have to say, it is pretty amazing, can't help but love the girl. Her new song with Mark Ronson is also great-check his album 'version' it has the brilliant amy winehouse doing a cover of 'valerie'.