Monday 2 July 2007

I loves you, God knows I do…

…But I kill you dead for not giving me my Oscar!

Yes the results are here from my second poll. I asked who you felt deserved the Best Supporting Actress Oscar back in 1985. The results were hardly surprising, most people agree. A total of 63 peeps voted!

So in descending order:

5) With 0% of the votes we have Amy Madigan – Twice in a Lifetime (poor thing)

4) With 5% of the votes we have Meg Tilly – Agnes of God

3) With 14% of the votes we have Margaret Avery – The Color Purple

2) With 29% of the votes we have Angelica Houston – Prizzi’s Honour

1) With a whopping 52% we have Oprah Winfrey – The Color Purple.

I cannot really say it better than Stinky Lulu did here.

As for Ms. Winfrey, well she deserved to win, but the Oscars are full of actors who did not win when they should have. What is sad is that winfrey never really persued acting like she should have, so they can never give her a make up Oscar.

As for the Performance?
Judge for yourself:


Check out my new poll to the right. This time Best Actress from 1986. The ladies are:

Marlee Matlin - Children of a Lesser God
Jane Fonda - The Morning After
Sissy Spacek - Crimes of the Heart
Kathleen Turner - Peggy Sue Got Married
Sigourney Weaver - Aliens

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Matlin was a thief that year, even though I think William Hurt should've won his third consecutive Best Actor award for that movie. (Well, maybe not so, but I still think he was fantastic)