Monday 20 August 2007

Ice Cubes galore

Sorry, news is really really slow.

Mr Cube (Ice to the rest of y’all) will produce and star in a live-action adaptation of Shannon Eric Denton's graphic novel 10 for Dimension.

The story is about a guy who gets a letter saying he's in a competition with nine others and that whoever gets out alive wins. He thinks it's just junk mail until a man toting an ax shows up at his door.

As much as I love a good graphic novel, I have been under whelmed by the big screen adaptations of them (although I did really enjoy “Sin City”)
Having Cube involved does not heighten this project at all, but stranger things have happened.

Don’t worry, I am not saying this is going to be a runaway hit. It does sound very “The Game” to me, but still the premise is very intriguing. It is a shame there is not more talent involved.
Dimension films is a bit of a joke now isn’t it? When I see it’s logo appear, I prepare myself for another crapsterfest.

No comments: