Sunday 20 January 2008

Movies yet to see.

So I have been bad AGAIN this year, and I will be doing the mad scrambled eggs to see as many of the films I have thus far missed, in order that I may be as properly enlightened as to who should be fairly laureled come year end.

These are my left to see filmology. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on if I should try and miss something to save time.

"The Assassination of Jesse James" (not playing anywhere accessible in London!!)

"Into The Wild"

"The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" (or for you people who have bothered to learn a second language in your lives: "Le Scaphandre et le Papillon" )

"4 Months, 3 weeks and 2 days" (again: "4 Luni, 3 Saptamani si 2 Zile" for you Romanian speakers out there)

"The Orphanage" (once more for the cheap seats: "El Orfanato")

"The Kite Runner" (It will probably bomb with the Oscars, but could still be up for score and some others)

"I'm Not There" (got a chance to see this very soon, actually may see it this week in fact)

"A Mighty Heart" (really did not think a nomination wold happen so missed it. The reviews were good, but I was hoping for a GREAT actress line up this year)

"Enchanted" ( I know...take away my gay points)

"Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber if Fleet Street" (The BF is still funny about musicals so may have to see this by my lonesome)

"Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" (just opened here so may check it out)

"Starting Out in the Evening" (will it ever open? Will it be nominated? I am predicting it to be, but who knows....hopefully that "Download the Oscar nominees site will be up this year!!)


I know two of my foreign films have been left off the list, but I still wanna see 'em. There is a strong possibility that "The Kite Runner", "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead", "Starting Out in the Evening" and "Enchanted" could wind up with no main Oscar noms, which will greatly dilute my list.

"There Will Be Blood" and "Sweeney" have yet to open over here so they will come too.

So much to see.....so little time!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch it be scattered all over the place, and none of the films you have seen be nominated. :)

Hope that wasn't a curse. There is also the possibility that you have already seen all 5 Best Picture nominees. Atonement, No Country for Old Men, Juno, Michael Clayton and Charlie Wilson's War. Here is hoping.

RC said...

i'd love to see amy adams nominated for enchanted, but it just doesn't seem likely...but it's sure to get a song nomination.

you've got to see diving bell...saw it today it was great.