Monday 21 January 2008

Final Oscar Predictions!

So I am totally doing my final Oscar predictions.

This is what I am thinking right now, and I promise to not change them. I have voted with my head, then my heart. I let the two of them duke it out for a while (but being the stronger of the two, we all knew the heart would win out) and have come up with my finals.


Best Picture
Now this is a head scratcher. Do I go with the flow, or do I assume the techs voters + the British voters = a nomination for “Atonement”?
I do not go with the flow. “No Country”. “Into the Wild” and “TWBB” are basically locks. The other two slots are going to be between four films. Any of the scenarios you come up with will look likely so I picked from random and went for “Juno”. This is just because I feel box office could win out in the end.

My ballot: “Ratatouille”

Best Director
Ok….I am stumped. Well actually I just do not want to have to find a picture of another director and resize it though photoshop and add it, so I am leaving my predictions as they are. Totally against the flow, but who the hell cares.

My ballot: Brad Bird – “Ratatouille”

Best Actress
Why Keira? Well simply I spent a long time analyzing past Oscar nominations with the precursor awards and came up with a brilliant winning formula (add the names to a hat and draw one out for final spot predictions). I am also thinking the fact that there are male voters who want some hot totty to look at. Angelina and Ellen were pregnant in their films. Julie has Alzheimer’s and Marion looks a little like Gollum in a lot of the movie. Out of the remaining, well Cate is a commanding queen (men will want to chop her down) and Amy is a cartoon character who kids love….kind-a creepy to want to give her the ole root. So Keira wins the hot award.

My ballot: Laura Linney – “The Savages”

Best Actor
Why Frank? Well you need one unrewarded old timer in the mix and well, he just fit the bill. I figured it may be too soon for Ryan, voters may just want to slap the hell out of Emile and Denzel was really not that good. That leaves James, and he could still sneak in too (but doubtful unless they want two first time nominees in the mix).

My ballot: Gordon Pinsent – “Away From Her”

Best Supporting Actor
Hal, Tom and Javier are locks. I figure Philip Is vulnerable as well as Tommy and Casey. Right now I am expecting a controversy and Casey being left off the list (category confusion for the voters) leaving PSH and TLJ to sneak in. Anyone who sees “NCFOM” (and that will be most voters) cannot ignore Jones. He is the voice of reason in the film.

My ballot: Irrfan Khan – “The Namesake”

Best Supporting Actress
I cannot leave off Saorise. It is mean and crule. If Abigail Breslin can get a nomination for “Little Miss Sunshine” then shouldn’t Saoirse surely be a lock? I figure Ruby gets the sentiment vote. If the voters have any sense they will leave off Amy Ryan….how is this best-of-the-year good?

My ballot: Tabu – “The Namesake”

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I'm really hoping "Atonement" comes through.
That Keira theory was insane, but made so much sense once you think of it.
Let's hope McAvoy and Saoirse get in as well.
Have a happy nominations morning!