Wednesday 6 February 2008

In the valley of boredom wishing there would be blood.

So…why am I still a little BLAH about this years Oscar race? Well the exciting categories for upsets are usually the main 6 (Picture, Director, and the Acting categories) followed closely by screenplay and foreign film. These seem kind of locked right now…..well they more or less are sure things so that leaves the editing and score nail biters?

I DON’T THINK SO.

I want big upsets (not the “Crash” sort mind you) and this year is not shaping up to be that at all. And that is so sad! I want shocks and gasps on Oscar night…………not this year. Actually most of the categories seem pretty predictable. One can always hope for an “Atonement” surge, or Ruby Dee to pull forward, or perhaps a Laura Linney upset. Anything would be good.

But most probably I will be sitting there marking off my ballot sheet, yawning and wishing for the days of upsets.

No comments: