Friday 4 July 2008

My Summer Mix Tape

Remember making mix tapes? Now it is play lists. The magic kind of goes don't you think?

Here are a few song that make my summer. Some old, some new, all make me smile.



From top to bottom, left to right.

Althea and Donna - Up Town Top Ranking (this is just lazing off on a boat good!)
M.I.A. feat Timberland - Come Around (Her most commercial track, and oh so sexy)
Madonna - Incredible (Arguably the best track off the new album)
Nikka Costa - Like a Feather (Oh so sassy. Makes you wanna shake your tail feather)
Leila K - Got to Get (God this song takes me back, and it still sounds so good)
Gabriella Cilmi - Sanctuary (Another soul throwback, and she is only 16)
Roisin Murphy - Dear Miami (Best on the album. A nice global warming song)
Hercules and Love Affair - Blind (I just cannot stop loving this tune)
Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood (Deserves a re-release so badly)
De La Soul - Say No Go (Can rap ever get better?)
Macy Gray - Do Something (So chilled, so sexy, so need a cocktail)
Santogold - You'll Find A Way (Just makes me want to dance CRAZY like)
Salt N Pepa - Shoop (GOD I MISS THEM)
Adele - Hometown Glory (Night Facilities Remix) (So didn't think a remix of this would work)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome selection!

Mark said...

SHOOOOP! Love it.