Tuesday 12 August 2008

"Happy-Go-Lucky" trailer

This has been out in the UK for ages (and I missed it...such the twat that I am)

Does it just seem more and more right that Sally Hawkins gets a Best Actress nomination?

I mean all the other contenders at the moment are in such serious fare, there is always that bright comic spot in the top 5 for a lead actress, Ellen Page, Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Kate Winslet, Diane Keaton, Renee Zellweger are all recent nominees who had been in a comedy. Add to this the fact that when Leigh makes a popular movie that wins awards, the lead actress gets nominated (Secrets and Lies, Vera Drake).

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

This looks fantastic!
I had no idea what it was about, thought it was one of Leigh's moody dramas..s
But this just put a huge smile on my face!