Thursday 14 August 2008

"I found out what the secret to life is: Oscars"

I so thought I knew who was going to win this.
I so figured it would be the person I wanted it to be, but it wasn't. But I cannot really argue with the eventual winner.
Sentimentality won out in the end, and don't we all vote with our hearts when the time comes.
This was a rather good year for the Supporting Actress as it is usually the weakest acting category.
The winner (pictured) had a long and illustrious career, but Oscar only really took notice later in it. Always the last ones to jump on the band wagon.

With a disappointing 5% at the bottom of the heap we have Diane Lane in 'Rambling Rose'

In forth place we find Kate Nelligan in 'The Prince of Tides' with 10%
Third place sees the eventual winner Mercedes Ruehl with 18% of the votes for 'The Fisher King'.

The person I so thought would win is in second with 30% of the votes. Little Juliette Lewis in 'Cape Fear'

So the winner is (probably because Dean and Lee voted many times on different computers) is Jessica Tandy for 'Fried Gren Tomatoes' with 38%.

She was a worthy winner I guess, but I was more of a Lewis fan at the time, even if she did sport corn rows.

So onto 1992 Best Actress!

Here are the women you have to choose from:


Catherine Deneuve - Indochine as Eliane
Mary McDonnell - Passion Fish as May-Alice Culhane
Michelle Pfeiffer - Love Field as Lurene Hallett
Susan Sarandon - Lorenzo's Oil as Michaela Odone
Emma Thompson - Howards End as Margaret J. 'Meg' Schlegel

Can Emma out hat Catherine?

Please vote in the poll on the right hand side!

4 comments:

Runs Like A Gay said...

It's a toughie. Not exactly a classic year, but my votes for Catherine - like her rubber plantation she looks firm and strong but is really all gooey inside.

Michael Parsons said...

I am leaning towards McDonnell (though never seen Howards End!! Shame!

Anonymous said...

Micahel, I voted for Kate Nelligan !! xx And on the new poll will be voting for the wonderful Emma Thompson ! What do you expect, you know I adore her ! xxx

Anonymous said...

Micahel, I voted for Kate Nelligan !! xx And on the new poll will be voting for the wonderful Emma Thompson ! What do you expect, you know I adore her ! xxx