Monday 9 February 2009

Watchmen...

...or how fanboys can ruin just about anything.

I have been reading about how Zach Snyder the director of 'Watchmen' has altered a few things in the film, including the ending. He claims that the ending keeps the spirit of the novels ending, but is done in a visually different way.

Of course fanboys have started ranting an raging......and the funny thing is without having seen the film to see if the newly realized ending does in fact, work.

Can anyone think of one great film that has been able to adapt an equally brilliant book without changing a few things?

People need to shut the frig up and wait to see the end result before judging. Of course there will be those people who loved the book so much that they will not enjoy the film on principal, but come on, let a finished product speak for itself.

I mean any film that can bring these guys to life is going to be on top of my most anticipated lists.


And that reminds me. I must start working on my most anticipated films of 2009 before the year ends. In fact I need to do anything to forget the blandness of 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, when I heard that they'd changed the 'squid' ending of the book, I was chuffed. It's the only thing about Watchmen that never rang true or...dare I say it...good.

feenixboi said...

I think the ending did need work anyway. It is epic but ulimately quite rushed I felt in the book. There perhaps needs something to tie it all together. I felt that you invest most of your time getting to know the characters back story. The whole megalomaniac sub-plot really took the back burner. I reckon they've got a good shot of doing one better than the GN.