Tuesday 25 August 2009

Summer Mix Tape

There has been a lot of new music happening lately, but sadly I have not been posting very much at all. So how about my summer mix tape so you all can get a taste of what has been burning up my iPod head phones.

Bat for Lashes – “Daniel”
Her voice, the lyrics and production all come together to make something incredible.


Beyoncé – “Halo”
Sure it is a but Rhianna, but it sums up a certain feeling perfectly.


Chicane – “Poppiholla”
Complete dance remake of Sigur Rós “Hoppipolla” but wonderful none the less.


Florence and the Machine – “Drumming Song”
Just epic


Freemasons Ft: Sophie Ellis Baxter – “Heartbreak (Make me a Dancer)”
Cheesy as velveta, but gets me a shaking.


Gossip – “Four Letter Word”
80’s inspired greatness from Beth Ditto


La Roux – “Bulletproof”
She sold me with this track. Nice to see and hear something a little different. The 80’s are back.


Lady Gaga – “Paparazzi”
More a combination of video and song, but still I love it.


Madonna – “Celebration”
Not her best, but back on to what she does well, even in her sleep.


Mika – “We Are Golden”
Takes a while to warm up to it, but it is a stomper.


Moby – “Study War”
The album was wonderful and this track gives me goose bumps


V.V. Brown – “Shark in the Water”
BRILIANT. May well end up on the best of the year.

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

No Little Boots?
Bad boy.

Michael Parsons said...

I like her.....there is just not LOVE there yet.

To be honest, there is so much good new music out that I hardly get a chance to listen to it fully before the next thing comes along.