Friday 23 April 2010

3 Duh


With every film being made in 3D these days, it is refreshing when you hear film makers being a bit dubious about it.
Although Christopher Nolan is very tight lipped on the third Batman film, and his brother who is writing the screenplay is playing the hush hush game as well, there is one people who is sneaking out tid bits.
Director of Photography, Wally Pfister has reported that it will not play in three dimensions, with IMAX as a possibility.

The Reasons:
"I did it [IMAX] for one shot of The Dark Knight because Chris said, 'You have to say you did it,' and literally I had this strapped to my shoulder and I was carrying it," he told Cinematical. "But I think he is game for doing something interesting like that. Lord knows that the 3D fad might pass by the time that summer comes around."
I hope the fad passes. Although it makes things very interesting to look at, it can also be distracting. As much as I enjoyed 'Avatar', had I seen it in 2D my appreciation may have been somewhat diminished - without so much spectacle you are left with the story, and that is a special effect no fancy camera can change.

No comments: