Friday 20 April 2007

The Time Travelers Wife gets cast!!

I am currently reading Audrey Niffenegger's best-selling novel The Time Traveler's Wife, after years of putting it off, and I have to say I am engrossed. In reading it I see it very cinematically, but also see it being very difficult to adapt to the screen, what will all the time jumping. New Line has the rights to the film, and after the Peter Jackson law suit, I am not so sure about them anymore. I am also not sure about Bruce Joel Rubin adapting the book either, he has done a lot of fluff and I have my doubts about him being able to make flow, a film that jumps around in time. Then finally we have Robert Schwentke on directing duties. His last big film was “Flight Plan” and that had major problems with it’s narrative, can he really control something with this scope?

However it has been announced that the two principle characters have been cast. It is inspired. Rachel McAdams will star as Clare alongside Eric Bana, who will play Henry De Tamble, a librarian at Chicago's Newberry Library who is afflicted with a gene that causes him to travel through time involuntarily. Henry and Clare first meet as a result of Henry's time travel, and although they realize they are soul mates, their relationship is strained by Henry's disorder.

With McAdams ability to play feisty, sexy and likeable, she could do wonders even if she physically does not match the characters description in the book. As for the casting of Bana, well, I can really say no more ,on this then “Yum!!” and “How perfect!” and again “Yum”!!. I think this will really be his film in the end, and he has the sexuality and the acting chops to pull this off beautifully.
Bonus points because he spends alot of the time in the book naked! YAY! Lets hope the dudity (great new word Nathaniel!!) from "300" carries over to this.

Ok, sorry to be all pervy, but my word look at this perfection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the book, and love the cast. I second you on the hope they show all the naked scenes!

feenixboi said...

Gulp he is gorgeous. Can't wait to read the book after you x