Sunday 10 June 2007

Please give Anna Faris something worthy

Fred Wolf (writer for Saturday Night Live and Dicky Roberts:Child Star – oh dear on the latter) has signed on to direct the untitled Anna Faris project for Columbia Pictures. He will helm the comedy from a screenplay written by "Legally Blonde" scribes Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith.

The project, which had been in development at Paramount Pictures before it was put in turnaround, centers on a Playboy bunny (Faris) who gets kicked out of the Playboy mansion and becomes the house mother to the lamest sorority on campus.

This does sound dreadful, and I wish Hollywood has the fore-sight to cast Faris in something matching her talents. Apparently she is sensational in “Smiley Face”. However I should not judge right now as it may be more “School Of Rock” than “Troop Beverley Hills”. Well here is hoping she gets a real attention getting role soon.

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I've always said that if I ever get to direct a film to change someone's image, I'd go with Faris. She ALWAYS stand out in her work, her scenes in "Lost in Translation" were award worthy and she even stole Uma's thunder in the awful "My Super Ex-Girlfriend".

Michael Parsons said...

I hear you on that one mate!
I look forward to you directorial debut starring the lovely Miss Faris.