Saturday 16 June 2007

Trailers Alert!

August Rush” with Kerri Russell, Freddie Highmore and Robin Williams as well as my honeys wet dream Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
” August Rush tells the story of a charismatic young Irish guitarist (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a sheltered young cellist (Keri Russell) who have a chance encounter one magical night above New York's Washington Square, but are soon torn apart, leaving in their wake an infant, August Rush, orphaned by circumstance. Now performing on the streets of New York and cared for by a mysterious stranger (Robin Williams), August (Freddie Highmore) uses his remarkable musical talent to seek the parents from whom he was separated at birth.”
All together…..awwww. Looks soppy and I will probably shed a tear.


"3:10 to Yuma": A small-time rancher agrees to hold a captured outlaw who's awaiting a train to go to court in Yuma. A battle of wills ensues as the outlaw tries to psych out the rancher. Russell Crowe (DUCK!!!), Chrisitian Bale, Peter Fonda and Gretchen Moll star while James Mangold directs. Looks like a good shoot-em-up. Too bad I am not a huge fan-of-em.


"No Country for Old Men": Looks Incredible. With the cast alone I am excited. The Buzz from Cannes was deafening indicating a big ole return to form for the Coen brothers. I myself am hoping my darling little Kelly MacDonald dazzles in this (reports are that she does). The trailer is beautiful, and I am calling the Oscar for Roger Deakins. The plot is simple: Violence and mayhem ensue after a hunter stumbles upon some dead bodies, a stash of heroin and more than $2 million in cash near the Rio Grande.

And finally "Wall-E": All I can really is say is I AM SO THERE!! This looks stunning, and the tiny little scene we see actually may my eyes water (or it was hay fever mixed with the hang over). This looks like it is going to be one of Pixars best works, and the trailer is so well done. Yippee Yippee Yay Yay!! Even the plot is simple and touching: A robot looks for a home in space. Lets bookend with another....Awwww

No comments: