Sunday 14 October 2007

Charlie Wilson's War - Trailer

I am having a huge whinge now. I was foolishly dismissing this film, and doing so for a very long time. Now I am caving in and thinking it could be a good contender. This now means I am going to have to update all the categories in my predictions.

Whinge whinge whinge.

The trailer not only makes this look rather entertaining, but also a SCATHING critique. Something Hollywood would eat up in this political climate.
Tom Hanks actually looks like a lot of fun, as does Phillip Seymour Hoffman and they could easily be upsets in this very crowded race.

Looking like a cross between Lady Penelope (pictured) and a drag queen, Julia on the other hand does seem to stick out a little like a sore thumb.
Recycling her "Steel Magnolias" accent with turdo blonde hair piled up on her head, she does look a little...shall we say...strange.
My actual first impression was that she looked a little uncomfortable in front of the camera....but then again I am judging a movie by it's trailer......something I made a huge mistake with before.
This could all just be because it has been so long since we have seen her on screen, but I am not convinced, although early word says she is terrific.
I never really trust early word...I need to see the proof damn it!

Any ways....here is the trailer for you all to judge!

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I'm not sure what to think about this one, for starters Tom Hanks has become as annoying to me as the other superstar Tom.
And while I LOVE Nichols, Roberts, Adams and kinda like Hoffman, the film says more "Catch Me If You Can" than Oscar to me.
That Thunderbirds comment was dead on lol.

RJ said...

I still think this looks rather obnoxious....VERY Aaron Sorkin. I mean, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip Aaron Sorkin.