Saturday 20 October 2007

Love in the Time of Cholera trailer

Ok. Any trailer that begins with “This holiday season, comes the greatest love story ever told” makes me cringe”. In fact the whole voice over completely seems to ruin any impact the trailer may have.

However, if you take a little gander over here, Latino Review has 10 film clips up that are a much better read and definitely give you the impression of the film as a soaring romance.
Even the line “I will marry you, if you promise not to make me eat eggplant” comes across as sweet (I would have used aubergine mind you).

I am actually hoping this is as good as I hope it will be. It would be very good to have a epic romance with an entirely latino cast get great box office and awards recognition. I will do a post on Oscar and actors of Latin descent soon.

In the mean time enjoy Catalina Sandino Moreno in a hot tub or flirting with Benjamin Bratt in a carriage, and Javier Bardem and Giovanna Mezzogirno doing some major yearning.
Here is hoping this leads to some shake ups in the acting fields and some flavour is added to the very white washed looking candidates this year.

GO JAVIER!!!

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

OK, from where do I know the music at the beginning of the trailer?
I LOOOOVE that they use the score from "Great Expectations" in the end, but anyways I was gonna say that I feel slightly offended that the movie is not only in English, but the actors are speaking it with a cliché latino accent. To me it has absolutely no point, but I do think the film looks nice.
I think it's curious that Catalina has no billing in the trailer.

Michael Parsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.