Sunday 24 August 2008

Still looking back and loving it.

This weekend I have been going back re-listening to the Madonna back catalogue. Simply amazing. 'Erotica' still sounds bloody fresh. 'Like a Prayer' is still a magical music experience. 'Ray of Light' is superb. 'Confessions' is brilliant, and I still find hidden layers to the music now. What has surprised me the most though is just the brilliance of 'Music'. So experimental, so unlike her, and featuring songs, that 7 years on still sound musically inventive and striking, even to these overly Madonna saturated ears.

So let's celebrate her concert kick off in Cardiff last night with one of the best performances she has given on stage recently.



I will be getting back to movies soon, but for the time being this will be very Madonna based. Still working through my issues with 'Hard Candy' you see.

No comments: