Wednesday 19 August 2009

Oscar bound?

Here are a few trailers that kind of got that silly little hopeful voice in my head whispering “Could this performance be nominated?”.
That voice will be causing major headaches in the next few months.

Firstly we have “It’s Complicated”


Sure the trailer looks like a big ole basket of fluff, but never underestimate the power of Meryl Streep. Remember when Nancy Meyers for Diane Keaton a nomination for “Somethings Gotta Give”?
No one was expecting that when the trailer came out. Well here she teams up with La Streep who could be looking at a double nomination should her performance in “Julie and Julia” get put in supporting.


“Boys are Back”


Well this certainly looks like a bit of a weeper. Manly mans man Clive Owen getting all teary eyed just makes me want to reach out and hold him close to my chest, and comfort him in the shower whilst I wash his back………….mmmmmmmm. However it looks like it could be the sort of role that gets some love. Do slushy films about men do that well though?


“Motherhood”


Maybe I just really want to see Uma do something great without Tarantino. Perhaps I just really want Minnie Driver back on the big screen. Perhaps I am a sucker for this type of dramedy. Here is hoping Uma and Minnie capture my hearts again…regardless of if they get a nomination.


“The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus”


Apparently Heath Ledger is in this more than people initially thought, and apparently he is great fun. So excited to see what he does.

No comments: