Friday 8 January 2010

Who to pick


If I had to pick who I would nominate in the top 8 categories right now, with still an immense list of films to see, I would be hard pressed.

It may look something like this:
Best Picture: District 9, Inglourious Basterds, Los Abrazos Rotos, Precious, Up.

Best Director: Bigelow, Bloomkamp, Daniels, Doctor, Tarantino

Adapted Screenplay: District 9, Coraline, The Hurt Locker, In The Loop, Precious.

Original Screenlay: (500) Days of Summer, Away We Go, Inglourious Basterds, Los Abrazos Rotos, Up

Best Actor: Clooney, Copley, Gordon-Levitt, Renner, Rockwell

Best Actress: Cruz, Ronan, Rudolph, Sibide, Streep.

Best Supporting Actor: Capaldi, Galifianakis, Mackie, Tucci (J&J), Waltz

Best Supporting Actress: Farmiga, Kendrick, Laurent, Mo'Nique, Pike.
A whole lotta 'Precious' love. Sue me!

I fully expect some films to make an impact on that line up. This includes the following:

A Single Man, Amreeka, Avatar, Bright Star, Crazy Heart, Julia, Me and Orson Welles, Nine, The Last Station, The Maid, The Messenger and The Road.

3 comments:

Andrew K. said...

I didn't like Up in the Air much. Not even Farmiga, who I'm a fan of. Even though I was not that big a fan of Precious [which I found it better] I can understand why people are loving Precious, Up in the Air, not so much.

I wonder what you'll think of The Messenger.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Hmmm Pike is in, but Mulligan isn't. You know I'm exactly at that point as well, as fantastic as Carey was, as the months go by it's Pike who I can't get out of my head. I wonder what her story is.
Nice Best Actress lineup and you need to drag yourself out to see "Bright Star" young man!

Michael B. said...

Kudos for picking Ronan, Galifianakis and Pike. I wish that these three would be nominated but alas, I don't think any of them will happen, unfortunately.

But Pike deserves recognition just for making a one note character (read the screenplay) so, interesting, who stole scenes from the lead! Any other actress would have messed up the role but she was absolutely perfect!