Friday 21 September 2007

Box - Love my box (Sitges memories edition)

Well these are the songs that reminded me of my wonderful fantastic life changing week in Sitges a nice little town south of Barcelona.

First up I will give you one of the tracks from one of the two albums I bought at the airport on my way there. Choosing just one track was near impossible as the whole album “Ghosts” by Siobhan Donaghy is brilliant, but I had to do it (not really as I am doing two).
The first reminds me of the bf laying on the bed, post siesta. He looked so relaxed and comfortable and that made me very happy. “There’s a Place” was one of his favourites, off an album I was pleasently surprised he really liked.

”Take your time, be it mine cause I will be all the strength you need”

I am as stated picking two songs from “Ghosts”. This album just reminds me my trip so much so much, and it really was just the perfect place for me to relax and unwind and this album makes me feel that all over again. This song (my choice) is “Make it Right”.

”Don't lose control of this misery. Why pacify? Just punish me. Seperate from this pain up on me. Don't let me take this liberty”


Next up is a song from the second album I bought at the airport. M.I.A.’s “Kala”.
I loved her first album, and her second is no exception. If the world was right, this would be huge.
I couldn’t decide out of two songs, but remembered I had already put “Paper Planes” on the blog, so here you have “Come Around”.

”Check my coat in and I paid the dollar,
Sidekick rings, "what's up? holla!"
Text the address, I'll see you later
Baby come down
Come down, come down, come down
run down, run down, run down
Run, make a run, make a run, make a run, make a run, make a run down
A dun da da dun da da dun da da dun da da dun dun
Beat goes on
A dun da da dun da da dun da da dun da da dun dun
Beat goes”



And lastly the dancing. We had such fun in Spain, but the best night was the last one (for many tall blonde reasons) as we were dancing in “Mediterraneo” till the wee hours.
The song that sums this up was “Heater” by Samim. If ever a dance song made me smile with no lyrics it was this.
The best use of the accordion that I know.
Bonus point for the joyous expression of the bf's face as this tune was turned out on the dance floor.

No comments: