Tuesday 6 November 2007

American Idol Meme

Thank you Polivamp!
It's fairly simple: You just pick a song to go with each 'theme' you are given.

Rules: Don't cheat the themes.
Post name of artist with song.
Tag people at the end.
Don't change themes either.

This is all obviously in the strange parallel universe where I actually can sing.

Top 24: Contestant Choice: I would open with "Gabriel" by Lamb. Hit them with something dramatic and unique.

Top 20: Dedication: “Live to Tell” by Madonna…one of my mums all time favourite songs.

Top 16: Contestant Choice: “Hands to Heaven” by Breathe, I know it is one of Simons favourites and it is pure DRAMA!!

Top 12: Motown: "You’ve Really Got a Hold of Me" by The Miracles, because it has a great vocal range and you can really get emotion across with this one.

Top 11: Country: "Gambler" by Kenny Rogers, I mean how can you not??

Top 10: Songs from the Year you were born: "Fame" by David Bowie, not only was it number 1 in the year I was born, but also the week.

Top 9: Songs from Musicals: "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis. If the singing falls through, I can always give one hell of a performance of this beautiful song to have acting to fall back on.

Top 8: Songs from the 90s: "Wonderwall" by Oasis. Need to get some rock in there, and everyone will sing along!

Top 7: Songs from the 80s: "I love to Hate You" by Erasure.. So vocally impressive.

Top 6: Love Songs: "Story Book Love" by Willy Deville, because it always makes me feel love. Plus it was in the Princess Bride so it has cool appeal.

Top 5: Songs from American Idol artists: Must I? "Since You’ve Beeen Gone" by Kelly Clarkson….it is the only one I can tolerate.

Top 4: Songs from the 70s: "Waterloo" by ABBA. Becaue I plan on coming out during the competition and what better song (“Dancing Queen” would be better, but “Waterloo” is fun!)

Top 3: Contestant Choice/Song You Think Would Be Picked For You: I would pick "Best Of You" by Foo Fighters as I think it would dramatic to perform it live. Simon would have me and be a twat by choosing “Unchained Melody”, which I would kill of course.

Top 2: Re-sing a Previous Song/You Coronation Song: “Yes” by McAlmont and Butler. It is a corker, would have a live band, and it is upbeat. Plus the vocals are so impressive. I would re-sing “Gabriel”

I am tagging as my competitors: Rural Juror, A Chimerical Plan, Jose and J.D. simply because I am interested in their selections.

No comments: