Sunday 4 November 2007

I am, after all, me.

The results are here from my poll.

I asked who you felt deserved the Best Supporting Actress Oscar back in 1988.

The results were this time around were expected, but still I was a little surprised at the lack of competition in the voting. Looks like EVERYONE voted for her, and hardly anyone voted for any of the others which is always a shame.

Lets hope the next poll pics up a little steam!

Here come the results:

5) With 0% of the votes we have Geena Davis – “The Accidental Tourist” (our eventual winner)
Tied with
5) With 0% of the votes we have Frances McDormad -“Mississippi Burning”

3) With 10% of the votes we have Michelle Pfeiffer – “Dangerous Liasons”

2) With 17% of the votes we have the lovely Joan Cusack – “Working Girl”

1) With a whopping 82% we have Sigourney Weaver – “Working Girl”.

I knew everyone loves old Siggy, but not enough to give her three wins in my online polls. That was totally unexpected. Her performance in “Working Girl” was completely opposite of her role in that years “Gorillas in the Mist”, which is why it was as celebrated. It showed she had range.
She played a hungry, back stabbing corporate bitch with relish, and it is understandable why she won the Golden Globe.
Oscar did not agree, sadly they didn’t agree twice that year!

For my next poll we will be looking ahead in the Best Actress category, 1989.

The women you have to choose from are:


Isabelle Adjani - Camille Claudel
Pauline Collins - Shirley Valentine
Jessica Lange - Music Box
Michelle Pfeiffer - The Fabulous Baker Boys
Jessica Tandy - Driving Miss Daisy

Vote now!! Poll is in the side bar to the right, near the top.

I know who I'm voting for:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will so vote for Collins. Loved michelle, but how could you not vote for shirley valentine herself!!!

Arun said...

no contest. Michelle takes it by a mile.